BOSTON – Nineteen users and associates of Cameron Road, a violent criminal business centered in Dorchester, have been charged in a 39-depend indictment with several crimes such as racketeering (RICO) conspiracy, gun and drug trafficking, unlawful possession of firearms and possessing firearms in furtherance of drug trafficking.
According to the indictment, the Cameron Road gang is a violent legal enterprise whose members and associates are involved in a wide range of felony pursuits – such as murder, assault with intent to murder, armed theft, carjacking, house invasion, as properly as drug and firearms trafficking, amongst other things – in the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston and encompassing areas. Whilst the gang is principally based mostly in Boston, Cameron Road gang’s prison exercise has spanned other communities, such as Cambridge, Somerville, Quincy, Everett, Randolph, Taunton and elsewhere in Massachusetts. In the course of the investigation, 21 firearms and hundreds of rounds of ammunition ended up allegedly seized from 11 of the defendants.
“Members and associates of the Cameron Street gang have, for several years, allegedly plagued Boston, Brockton and the neighboring communities with significant, violent crimes via the confluence of guns, medicine and damage. Legislation-abiding citizens of Dorchester, Brockton and other impacted communities are worthy of to reside, function and prosper totally free of panic and trauma,” claimed United States Lawyer Rachael S. Rollins. “With these fees, and today’s arrests, our aim is to carry peace and safety back again to these neighborhoods. This is still an additional illustration of the robust partnerships in between federal, condition and community law enforcement companies and our ongoing shared commitment to root out violence when getting illegal guns off of our streets. My workplace will spare no useful resource to assure the basic safety of all Massachusetts people, keep violent offenders accountable, and choose again and restore our communities.”
“This investigation is an example of ATF’s dedication to doing the job with our area, point out, and federal companions in figuring out, focusing on and investigating violent criminals who are concerned in selling firearms and narcotics. Individuals who prey upon innocent citizens lessen the top quality of lifetime in our neighborhoods,” said James M. Ferguson, Distinctive Agent in Charge of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives, Boston Discipline Division. “Our neighborhoods ought to have to flourish without worry or intimidation inflicted by violent gangs. We will carry on to get the job done with our regulation enforcement companions to decrease the violent criminal offense that has done so a lot destruction to so many of our Boston neighborhoods.”
“DEA is dedicated to investigating and dismantling violent businesses like these running in Massachusetts,” reported Brian D. Boyle, Unique Agent in Demand of the Drug Enforcement Administration, New England Field Division. “As we all know, drug trafficking in our communities, alongside with the gun and actual physical violence that frequently accompanies it, is a significant threat to our families and communities. This is unacceptable and will not be authorized to materialize. DEA and its nearby, point out and federal companions are committed to bringing to justice individuals that dedicate these crimes.”
“The associates of this prison organization are accused of terrorizing the neighborhoods of Boston by committing violent crime including conspiracy to dedicate murder, robbery, firearm and drug trafficking. These arrests mail a distinct concept that these legal enterprises will not be tolerated in Boston. The Boston Law enforcement will proceed to get the job done with the ATF and all our legislation enforcement companions to cut down gun violence and halt the trafficking of firearms and medicines in the neighborhoods of Boston. I thank the investigators on this scenario whose diligent operate led to these arrests,” explained Gregory Lengthy, Performing Commissioner of the Boston Police Office.
“This indictment highlights the considerable legal footprint of Cameron Road and their involvement in a extensive range of serious criminal offense, from alleged murder to drug trafficking. Homeland Stability Investigations performs closely with our federal, point out, and neighborhood associates to make our communities safer by investigating and trying to get prosecution of felony road gangs like Cameron Avenue,” reported Matthew Millhollin, Specific Agent in Charge for the Homeland Security Investigations’ Boston Area Office.
It is alleged that Cameron Road members use violence against rival gangs and witnesses, normally with the use of firearms, to keep and greatly enhance their status and the over-all name of the gang, as nicely as to defend the gang’s ability, reputation and territory. Cameron Street users are allegedly accountable for helping 1 yet another with acquiring and accessing firearms, forming and retaining drug trafficking connections, resolving territorial disputes with rival gangs and giving protected havens for fellow users who are wanted by regulation enforcement. It is even more alleged that Cameron Road gang members on a regular basis publish videos or use social media to boost Cameron Road, denigrate gang rivals and to rejoice murders and other violent crimes committed by the gang. To identify by themselves as members of the gang, Cameron Road users receive tattoos, use hand signals and dress in jewelry and clothing involving the letters “C,” “A” and “M,” or quantities corresponding with the letters’ places in the alphabet, “3-1-1-3.”
In accordance to the indictment, Cameron Avenue customers interact in drug trafficking activity and distribute cocaine, cocaine foundation (crack cocaine), oxycodone and cannabis in the course of Massachusetts. It is alleged that about 1 kilogram of cocaine was seized from gang members through the investigation.
The cost of RICO conspiracy offers for a sentence of up to 20 several years in prison, 3 a long time of supervised launch and a great of $250,000. The demand of remaining a felon in possession of a firearm and/or ammunition supplies for a sentence of up to 10 several years in jail, 3 a long time of supervised launch and a wonderful of $250,000. The charge of possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime supplies a necessary minimum sentence of five decades and up to existence in prison, up to five of supervised launch and a fantastic of $250,000. The fees of conspiracy to distribute and possession with intent to distribute controlled substances each present for a sentence of up to 20 several years in jail, a few years of supervised launch and a good of $1 million. Sentences are imposed by a federal district court docket choose based upon the U.S. Sentencing Pointers and statutes which govern the determination of a sentence in a legal case.
This procedure is component of an Structured Criminal offense Drug Enforcement Undertaking Forces (OCDETF) Strike Drive Initiative, which supplies for the establishment of long term multi-company task force groups that get the job done facet-by-facet in the identical area. This co-found product allows brokers from different agencies to collaborate on intelligence-driven, multi-jurisdictional functions to disrupt and dismantle the most significant drug traffickers, income launderers, gangs, and transnational criminal corporations. OCDETF identifies, disrupts, and dismantles the greatest-level criminal businesses that threaten the United States making use of a prosecutor-led, intelligence-pushed, multi-agency technique. Supplemental information and facts about the OCDETF Program can be discovered at https://www.justice.gov/OCDETF.
U.S. Legal professional Rollins, ATF SAC Ferguson, DEA SAC Boyle, HSI SAC Millhollin and BPD Acting Commissioner Lengthy produced the announcement currently. Important support was provided by the Massachusetts State Police Suffolk County Sheriff’s Business Suffolk, Plymouth, Norfolk and Bristol County District Attorney’s Places of work and the Quincy, Randolph, Somerville, Brockton, Malden, Stoughton, Rehoboth and Pawtucket (R.I.) Police Departments. Assistant U.S. Legal professional Christopher Pohl of Rollins’ Narcotics & Cash Laundering Device is prosecuting the circumstance.
The information contained in the indictment are allegations. The defendants are presumed innocent except if and till demonstrated guilty over and above a acceptable question in a courtroom of legislation.
- Kenny Romero, a/k/a “KG,” 28, charged with RICO conspiracy, felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition, possession with intent to distirbute cocaine, distribution of cocaine base and cocaine
- Anthony Centeio, a/k/a “Wheezy,” a/k/a “Taliban Wheeze,” 33, charged with RICO conspiracy, felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition, conspiracy to distribute cocaine foundation and cocaine
- Felisberto Lopes, a/k/a “Phil,” a/k/a “CheeB,” 36, billed with RICO conspiracy, felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition, possession of 500 grams or much more of cocaine with intent to distribute
- Keiarri Dyette, a/k/a “Kemo,” 24, charged with RICO conspiracy and working in firearms with out a license
- Eric Correia, a/k/a “Bubba,” 24, billed with RICO conspiracy and distribution of marijuana
- Paulo Santos, a/k/a “Bucky,” 33, billed with RICO conspiracy, possession of 500 grams or more of cocaine with intent to distribute, felon in possession of a firearm, and possession of a firearm through a drug trafficking offense
- Devante Lopes, a/k/a “D-Lopes,” 27, billed with RICO conspiracy and conspiracy to distribute cannabis
- Charod Taylor, a/k/a “Pachino,” 33, billed with RICO conspiracy and conspiracy to distirbute cocaine foundation and cocaine
- Jose Afonseca, a/k/a “Zay,” 30, billed with RICO conspiracy, working in firearms without having a license, and conspiracy to distribute cocaine foundation
- James Rodrigues, a/k/a “Bummy,” 32, billed with RICO conspiracy and conspiracy to distribute cocaine base
- Jonathan Darosa, a/k/a “Jeezy,” 29, charged with RICO conspiracy, felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition, and distribution of cocaine and oxycodon
- Clayton Rodrigues, a/k/a “Loo,” a/k/a “C-Loo,” 26, charged with RICO conspiracy and possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial variety
- Wilter Rodrigues, a/k/a “Walt,” a/k/a “Wo-Wo,” 35, charged with conspiracy to distribute cocaine base
- Michael Lopes, a/k/a “Meech,” 34, charged with conspiracy to distribute cocaine foundation and cocaine
- Victor Nunez, a/k/a “Tito,” 41, billed with conspiracy to distirbute cocaine base and cocaine
- Fnu Lnu, a/k/a “Smoke,” charged with conspiracy to distribute cocaine foundation and cocaine
- Jamaal Davis, a/k/a “Marley,” 29, charged with distribution of cocaine and possession of a firearm all through a drug trafficking offense
- Michael Nguyen, a/k/a “Asian,” 22, billed with possession with intent to distirbute cannabis and possession of a firearm for the duration of a drug trafficking offense and
- Steve Depina, a/k/a “Stizz,” 35, charged with felon in possession of a firearm and distribution of cocaine base and cocaine.